- Varsity Volleyball: The CHS volleyball teams hosted Chester yesterday afternoon in Region 3-AAA volleyball action… The Lady Red Devils won the varsity matchup 3-0… Set scores were 25-15, 25-23 and 25-15.
- JV Volleyball: In JV action prior to the varsity match, the Lady Red Devils were again successful winning in straight sets 25-6 and 25-9… Congratulations to both teams.
- Girls Tennis: Hillcrest 5 – Laurens 2… The Lady Raider Tennis team traveled to Hillcrest yesterday and came up on the short end of a 5-2 score… Sara Kalyn Croker and Ally DeVuono were the only 2 Raiders to pick up wins and they were both in singles action… The Lady Raiders are now 4th in the region at the mid-point of the season and have great hopes for improving that record as they go through the second half of the region schedule… For complete match details, comments from Coach Corley and notes on JV action, click on the following link: Lady Raider Tennis Results 2013
- Braves 3 – Brewers 2… The Braves took a 3-2 win over the Brewers in Atlanta last night courtesy of a walk-off-single with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning by Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons…. As you probably know, the Braves have clinched the NL East and are now trying to secure home field advantage in the playoffs by having the best record in the NL… They entered last night’s game .5 games ahead of the St Louis Cardinals for that honor… The Braves finish the series with the Brewers tonight with the Brewers and first pitch is scheduled for 7:10.
- AP Football Poll…. The latest AP football poll came out late Sunday and there is no change in the top 10 from last week… The top 5 are Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Ohio State and Stanford… Spots 6-10 are held by LSU, Louisville, Florida State, Georgia and Texas A&M… South Carolina continues to hold the #12 spot.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Cross Country @ Dorman 5:00
- Football: Bell Street White @ Laurens Middle School 5:00 This game can be heard on Real radio 860 WLBG and streaming live at www.wlbg.com.
- Middle School Football… we will have our first broadcast of middle school football this Wednesday (9-25-13) as we bring you all the action from Laurens Middle School where the Tigers will be taking on the Bell Street White Wildcats… Kickoff is slated for 5:00 pm so we’ll go live about 5 minutes before that… As normal, we stream all local sports online at wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Abbeville as the Red Devils will be taking on the Abbeville Panthers … Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Abbeville game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… He will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… We will then go live to KC Hannah Stadium for all the action as the Raiders take on the Easley Green Wave… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95…. By the way, this week’s game will be featured as Charter’s Game of the Week and they will be honoring the 1983 State Championship Team..
- Internet rebroadcast of Laurens game… WLBG will also rebroadcast this Friday night’s game on Saturday morning at 7:00 am and again Sunday at 2:00 pm on the internet only… It will not be rebroadcast at 860 am on your radio… You must go to www.wlbg.com and click on the “Listen Live” link just under the top of page banner on the right side..
This & That:
- Registration is now open for Youth Soccer which will start October 22… There will be three age groupings: 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12… You can register at the reception desk during normal Y business hours… Pre-registration is required and you must register by Monday, Sept. 30th… Click on the following link for much more information about the soccer program or call the Y at 833-1555…Fall 2013 Clinton YMCA Youth Soccer Information.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.